If PB starts my brand new pool...

ivparker

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2016
Byron Center, MI
So dig day is on Monday and one of the many worries I have is once our pb fills the pool with water, they will add the chemicals and teach us how to use it. My husband and I have read through pool school but it honestly is hard to understand for me until it’s all in front of me. So my question is, will the pb’s version of chemicals make it more difficult for us to convert to the TFP method?

Just record what and how much of each they add. Things that stick around like CYA and calcium are most important.

Reactions: ivparker
It is so much easier for it to ‘click’ in person. It will be neat and kind of like when you finally see a movie that you’ve heard about 100 times. Ooooooooooooooooh. Yeaaaaaaaaaah. I get it now !!

Also, good luck !!

iv,

You will be fine.. Just let the pool builder start the pool and you can adjust it once they turn it over to you.

Most "bad" things that happen to pools, happen over a long period of time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You have a SWG system, so you won't have to worry too much about him overdosing the CYA. And the pool isn't plaster, so no worries about him overdoing it with acid in anticipation of pH rise. He might add some scale stuff or metal sequestrant. There won't be enough of it to mess things up.

Concentrate on the system controls, not the chemistry. Chemistry we can assist with from afar. Mind-reading a pool builder's idea of how to plumb things is not so easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.