Identify Pool Electrical Equipment Help

I'd like to remove a lot of this and replace it with something simple. I'd prefer something that is a bit more friendly and open. By that I mean it will work with more than 1 brand, but from reading that seems kinda of difficult in the pool world. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Yep, unfortunately most of the pool gear like VSP pumps & SWG is proprietary - there are some efforts to reverse engineer the protocols but it's not for the average user. So... pick your poison and go with Pentair, Hayward or Jandy. Since you already have the Intelliflo then Pentair would seem logical for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirk
Well I plugged in the ML300RTW into the outlet by the pool light switch and it still doesn't seem to do anything; landscape lights are off. I also don't hear anything from the box but that doesn't mean it isn't working? Sounds like another piece of electrical I can remove.

I was really hoping that would work for you! Best guess is that the whole transformer needs to be replaced. I don't know anything about the different automation systems, but I would think that they should be able to control landscape lights too.

The good news is that you now have a pretty good idea what all your different boxes are. Now for the hard part... figuring out the best way to simplify it for you.

Yep, unfortunately most of the pool gear like VSP pumps & SWG is proprietary - there are some efforts to reverse engineer the protocols but it's not for the average user. So... pick your poison and go with Pentair, Hayward or Jandy. Since you already have the Intelliflo then Pentair would seem logical for you.

I work in the tech industry so hopefully I'm in the category of the non-average user. I've seen some people use sonoff relays to control their devices, I might give that a try. The main hang up is getting the Pentair VS pump to talk to another device.

I was really hoping that would work for you! Best guess is that the whole transformer needs to be replaced. I don't know anything about the different automation systems, but I would think that they should be able to control landscape lights too.

The good news is that you now have a pretty good idea what all your different boxes are. Now for the hard part... figuring out the best way to simplify it for you.

I was hoping that would do something too. I'm okay with the landscape lights not working, they are old and IMO not very attractive anyway.

Yes, I'm happy I at least know what everything is now, onto the difficult part :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.