Ideas and Suggestions - - Lessons Learned

drglanton

Bronze Supporter
Apr 11, 2020
Atlanta
I am completing final plans for my new build of a 12 FG pool here in Georgia. What are some things you wish you had known or done before your completed your pool build? I want to learn from you . . .

Last edited:
Fiberglass pool..... make sure you have de watering system in place...at least one good sump pit. Dont skimp on plumbing more returns is better and home run the pipe. Make sure your there for install of shell amd have them show you its level with a transit or laser

Reactions: drglanton
I am completing final plans for my new build of a 12 FG pool here in Georgia. What are some things you wish you had known or done before your completed your pool build? I want to learn from you . . .
Do a search....I seem to remember somewhere around here is a thread devoted to "things I wish I kew sooner" or "things I would do differently" or something like that.

If you are getting automation, I would ask for lots of actuators.

Mine came with 2 actuators so I can move from pool mode to spa mode via automation/my phone. I would love to be able to control the water features, bubbler, and spa spillover automatically but that would require additional actuators. I have the room in my automation, and sure I could have had them added by the PB in the negotiation stage, but after the fact they are about $100 a pop and I'm just not sure its worth the $ at this point.

I found this thread:

Also found this one:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.