Mopar4u

May 24, 2021
Wisconsin
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Once i enter the maintenance phase is there a recommended time of day to run the pump/filter? With swimmers, without swimmers, morning, evening, night, other? I will start by running about 8 hours daily.

I wouldn’t run while you have swimmers in, but other than that, anytime. Lately I’ve been running 24/7 Unless I am in the pool (I am still using my Intex equipment).

Pump run time is all about skimming and chemical addition. As you do not show a SWCG, you will be adding liquid chlorine every day. So be sure to run the pump for an hour or so after adding the chlorine.
With lots of swimming, you actually need less pump run time in your case. But running the pump 8 hours per day should be fine.

If your electric company offers lower rates for consuming electricity off hours, then that’s your answer. Otherwise, it doesn’t matter much.

My pool seems far more likely to get used in the later part of the day, so I run it during the day because I want it skimmed for my swimmers. But, I don’t save money running it at night.

Personally, I enjoy being in the pool when it is circulating. For others, it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: Shirker
I’m assuming the pool is using Intex pump, and therefore not recommended to swim while pump is running. I unplug mine.

Reactions: mknauss
I wouldn’t run while you have swimmers in, but other than that, anytime. Lately I’ve been running 24/7 Unless I am in the pool (I am still using my Intex equipment).
I am curious as to why? I routinely run while swimmers are in the pool. One I have a slide and the pump sends water to the slide. Second, I like the water moving with swimmers (not sure I have a good reason for that other than a personal preference).

Never mind, I see your last message! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.