Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hello TFP!

My pool is empty right now so I can lower the CH. I bought a Jacks stain ID kit a while back and I thought I had to use it on the stains when the pool was empty, but after reading the instructions that isn't the case. However a few of the stains are on the side of the pool in the deep end. I'm not sure how I'd put the Jacks chemicals in a sock and keep it on the stain that is on the deep end on the side of the pool. Is there anything wrong with using the Jacks stain kit on the pool while it's empty?

Also, anything else I should do while the pool is empty?

Thanks!

How long will your pool be empty for?

Ascorbic acid/Vitamin C identifies iron stains.

A tricolor puck acid identifies copper stains.

Those are your common stains.

You can try and soak a stained area with the appropriate slurry and see what happens.

Use this unique opportunity to find out exactly how much water your pool holds. Just before you fill, go out and read your water meter (or take a picture of the reading). Fill the pool to its normal capacity (usually that's halfway up your skimmer's opening), then read your meter again. The difference between the two readings will be your pool's water volume. To improve accuracy, minimize water use inside and out: turn off irrigation, postpone dishwashing and laundry, minimize showers and flushes. You don't have to go overboard with all that, just be mindful of the water you're using in between meter reads...

Reactions: Cwiggs and Newdude
Also enjoy the only time that the CYA Googley eye can't laugh at you as you know your fill water is 0.

Reactions: Cwiggs
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.