Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an above ground pool. When I winterized I put a plastic cover over the skimmer box. So either that leaks or the gasket where skimmer box and pool connect. I’m not sure which leaks but now I have a huge icicle coming out of skimmer box. Do you think it’s gonna crack it ? I don’t think theirs anything I can do at this point . I’m really not sure so I hope you guys can help. Come summer should I put new gaskets ? Thanks for any and all advice

Is this icicle coming out of the bottom of the skimmer? The outlet with no suction pipe connected? Also, did you place anything in the skimmer itself like a gizmo, pool noodles, or an empty jug to protect for expansion?
Yes it’s leaking from the outlet on the bottom. I didn’t place anything inside but I can now. It’s a warm day and I pushed the block of ice out. Is this all I should do until the summer ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.