iChlor 30 Output

611Manetta

Mar 15, 2021
NJ
Reading the iChlor 30 manual states that the SWG will produce 1 lb of chlorine in 24 hours for a 30,000-gallon pool. So doing the math, my pool is 12,000 gallons, it should produce 2.5 pounds in 24 hours or 0.10 lbs/hr of operation. How can I figure out how many pounds of chlorine will be needed to raise the FC up 1 PPM? Trying to calculate the pump run time and SWG output percentage to maintain the correct FC in the pool.

What is your free chlorine level now? Pentair recommends getting the chlorine level up by other means and using the IC-nn to maintain it. Not wanting to have my filter pump schedule set for the benefit of the swcg, I have it on a separate timer, just making sure the IC run time falls within the pump ON time, so the pump has already been running before the swcg is turned on, and the swcg turns off before the pump does, so there is no residual "new" chlorine sitting in the swcg when it is off. With my pump running from 9am to 8pm, I can adjust the swcg run time within those hours to get the chlorine levels stabilized. That's the idea anyway. So far I've been cutting back swcg run time a little every few days, as the chlorine has been increasing. If I had better automation, this approach could be really easy (but I've poured enough money into that hole in the backyard for this season!)

Reading the iChlor 30 manual states that the SWG will produce 1 lb of chlorine in 24 hours for a 30,000-gallon pool.

So doing the math, my pool is 12,000 gallons, it should produce 2.5 pounds in 24 hours or 0.10 lbs/hr of operation.
It produces the same amount of chlorine regardless of the size of your pool.

Why would it generate more chlorine for a smaller pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.