IC60 not working with Easytouch

Jul 12, 2013
Saint Louis, MO
I replaced my IC40 with an IC60. (5 year old IC40 wasn't producing chlorine any longer). It works fine when my Easytouch is in "service" mode & I manually adjust my pump & IC60. When I try my Easytouch automation, though, I get no chlorine. It lights up & I get a salt reading on my Pentair app, but my pool chlorine just drifts to zero. Do I have to do anything with the control panel or software to "reset" the system?

When you say "it lights up" what lights are on the cell in what color?

If you have all green lights then your cell is producing chlorine. How long do you run your pump for and what % is the IC40 set to?

What test kit do you have? Post a set of test results. It is more likely you have algae issues causing your water to consume the chlorine being generated.

M,

You have to be more specific...

How did you determine that the cell works in the Service mode..?

In between the old IC40 and you new IC60, did the pool turn green?

With the EasyTouch in control, if the cell light is green, the cell should be producing chlorine.. Keep in mind that the cell light goes on and off depending on the % of output.. At 50% the light will be on for about 2.5 minutes and then off for 2.5 minutes..

Tell us more,

Jim R.

mknauss - what do you mean that the IC is "enabled"? My previous IC40 seemed to communicate fine with the Easytouch (and Screenlogic). I simply plugged the replacement IC60 into the same plug on the Easytouch box at my pool equipment pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
M,

I would reboot the system by pushing the "Reset" button on the main panel, right below the 6 and 7 aux buttons.. This is just like rebooting your PC, no programming will be lost.

If ScreenLogic can control the output% on the cell itself, then it should be working.. :scratch: ScreenLogic and the EasyTouch do not really "control" the cell other than to supply power and tell the cell what the output% should be..

If this were my system, I would use ScreenLogic and set the SWCG Output% to 100 and then confirm that the cell itself shows 100% and that the "Cell" Light was on. If the cell light is on the cell should be producing chlorine.

After your reboot, try the above test and then tell us what happens..

Thanks,

Jim R.

You can also check chlorinator diagnostics. It should say ok no problem or an error if any problems.

Do an OCLT to see if there's anything in the water that's eating up the chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.