IC60 - low salt light, but Taylor kit saying 3400ppm

Is the "Flow" light good?

If you don't have a good flow light, then the cell will not do anything until the Flow indicator is good.

Did you damage the flow switch wires?
The flow is fine and solid green. The red and black wires are fine. Only cut white and green.

I suppose all 5 lights flashing means the sensor is bad according to the chart but I thought that was ok?

If the Flow light is good, the lights should stop flashing and show a salinity.

Not sure why it's not working.

Do you have a 10k resistor or an extra 10k thermistor that you can connect to the green and white wires?

Do you have a video of the issue?

What automation do you have?

If the Flow light is good, the lights should stop flashing and show a salinity.

Not sure why it's not working.

Do you have a 10k resistor or an extra 10k thermistor that you can connect to the green and white wires?

Do you have a video of the issue?

I have a new thermistor but was trying to avoid replacing it until I closed the pool. Pain in the butt with my pad below pool level.

Connect the green and white wires from the new thermistor to the green and white wires going to the cell to see if that makes any difference.

Shut off power, connect the wires and restore power.

Do not remove the old flow switch.

1634493002856.png

Reactions: Pperc

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Connect the green and white wires from the new thermistor to the green and white wires going to the cell to see if that makes any difference.

Shut off power, connect the wires and restore power.

Do not remove the old flow switch.

View attachment 378374
4506194E-D2C8-4810-953F-653A998DE09A.jpeg
Ok just attached them. See pic. Restoring power now

Reactions: JamesW
Ugh. This is frustrating. Why is it not working like everyone else’s? Should I reattached the white or the green from the original thermistor? Was cutting both the wrong thing?

What is the date from the back of the cell?

Try reconnecting the wires like they were.

Is the new thermistor genuine Pentair or aftermarket generic?

The wire colors do not look right.

Are you sure about the actual salinity?

What is the date from the back of the cell?

Try reconnecting the wires like they were.

Is the new thermistor genuine Pentair or aftermarket generic?

The wire colors do not look right.

Are you sure about the actual salinity?

09/25/2018

Ok I will reconnect both white and green back to old thermistor.

The new one is probably after market from Optimum Pool Technologies. I got it from Amazon. It is a 4 wire and instead of a black wire it’s blue. If there a different one I should buy please link me to it?

Yes, I am sure about salinity. I just ran the test myself and have plenty of a experience running tests.

Automation should be in my signature but it’s the Jandy Aqualink RS. The Intellichlor is NOT controlled by the automation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.