IC60 false low salt warning prevents IntellipH from injecting acid.

MUPPPP

Gold Supporter
Feb 7, 2019
Missouri
I have an intellipH that is supposed to inject a small amount of muriatic acid hourly into the pool. But since my Intellicenter and IC60 think my salt is only 2600ppm (it's really 3700, tested via several different methods), the intellipH has a "low salt" warning and won't inject the acid. I can manually override it and it will inject, but I that's obviously impractical. I know the false low salt warning is a known issue with the Intellichlor units, but I was wondering if, outside of buying a new IC60, anyone had any ideas how I could either fix the error or force the intellipH to inject hourly despite the warning.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

M,

What is your water temp???

IntelliChlor cells do not measure salt well when the water temp is below 60 degrees.

Keep in mind the cell only measures the salt level at start up, and then every 12 hours..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Brushman
It does not dose when the salt is low, but I do not understand why the salinity matters.

Take the IntellipH out of series with the cell and power center until you can get the low salinity issue fixed.

Power the cell directly from the power center and run the cell and IntellipH independently.

XXXX DIDN’T DOSE: The number of doses not dispensed due to the following conditions:
• Low Water Temp. (< 52° F)
• No Flow
• No Communications
• Low Salt
• Clean Cell.

1710166275049.png

IntellipH Controller Installation

The IntellipH Controller is installed “in series” with the IntelliChlor SCG.

The IntelliChlor SCG cell cord plugs into the IntellipH Controller and the IntellipHController plugs into the IntelliChlor Power Center, EasyTouch or IntelliTouch Control Systems Load Center power connector.

To install the IntellipH Controller:

1. Choose a location on a wall or vertical surface near the IntelliChlor SCG power center (P/N 520556) and/or the EasyTouch and IntelliTouch Control System Load Center.

Secure the IntellipH Controller to the surface with the three screws.

2. WARNING! SWITCH OFF or REMOVE POWER to the IntelliChlor SCG.3.

Remove the IntelliChlor SCG cell cord from the power center, EasyTouch or IntelliTouch Control System Load Center.

Insert the IntelliChlor SCG cell cord plug into the bottom of the IntellipH Controller.

4. Plug the IntellipH Controller cord into the IntelliChlor SCG Power Center, IntelliTouch or EasyTouch Control System load center where the IntelliChlor SCG cell originally was plugged in.

1710166724612.png

Attachments

• IntellipH_Acid_Dispenser_System_Installation_and_Users_Guide_English_Spanish_French.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Great video re: cutting the white wire so the IC defaults to assuming the pool 77degrees so that salinity isn't miscalculated! I just may try that.

As you know, the salt cell does not produce chlorine when the water is below a certain level. I keep my pool open year round in a cold winter climate. Will there be any negative effects if I cut the wire and the salt cell thinks it is 77 degrees and thinks it is good to produce chlorine if the water temp is really only like 45 degrees?

Thanks for the advice everyone.