IC40 not working

SteveK52

Bronze Supporter
Mar 11, 2019
Taylors South Carolina
The only indication of a problem is red low salt level light is on. Salt level according to Pentair Windows app is 2750 and I know this level is not normally low enough to stop the SWG from working. No light light as far as percentage of time it will run although I have it set for 60% in the app. Do I have another bad flow switch?

Steve,

As long as the cell even "thinks" the flow is bad, it will not produce chlorine.

The % of output lights should be on whether you are making chlorine or not.

The very first thing to do is fix the flow issue. It could be you actually don't have enough water flow, or the flow switch is bad, or the cell itself is bad.

How old is the cell?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Steve,

As long as the cell even "thinks" the flow is bad, it will not produce chlorine.

The % of output lights should be on whether you are making chlorine or not.

The very first thing to do is fix the flow issue. It could be you actually don't have enough water flow, or the flow switch is bad, or the cell itself is bad.

How old is the cell?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Lights not on.
Flow is fine.
Cell is going on 4 years, flow switch replaced approx 2 yrs ago.

I ended up calling Pentair and the rep had me go into the panel by the pool and go to settings and under settings it said the pool was at 0%. He had me change that to 80% then back to the main menu and hit the reset button. Everything shut down and restarted with all lights green and the 80% showing. Two odd things, this panel is locked and I have never changed any settings there, didn't even know how to. Also, ScreenLogic was showing salt in the yellow now in the green and it also showed the percentage that I had set. I thought at first the ScreenLogic had crashed but all the other data was changing with time. Any thoughts as to what happened?

Steve.

A lot of stuff with the EasyTouch and ScreenLogic is just one-way communications. ScreenLogic tells the EasyTouch to set the SWCG output to say, 35%.. It just assumes it goes to 35%, there is no feedback that tells The EasyTouch or ScreenLogic that the cell actually changed to 35%. ScreenLogic will just continue to display the old data until you change it.

Your pool light is another good example. You tell ScreenLogic to turn on the pool light. ScreenLogic has no clue if the light actually came on, it just assumes the light is on.

Only a few thing actually have any feedback.

I have no idea what got things out of sync.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.