IC40 Not Working

Mjwill37

May 30, 2020
California
Hello All, first post here.

I noticed a few days ago my Pentair IC40 stopped working. (No lights on) This unit was installed brand new in 2017 and has approx. 13,000 hours on it. I first removed the unit and cleaned the cells inside. There was little to no build up. I reinstalled the cell and the breaker immediately tripped. I then discounted the power cord from the control panel and the breaker still immediately trips even without the power cord plugged in. (See attached video)
Any direction on what to do next or what my problem my might be, would be greatly appreciated! Sorry video won’t attach but here is a photo of the breaker I’m talking about.
thank you
E51F9855-58E1-4ED6-9E95-61FCF3BE8E68.jpeg

The breaker shuts off the 24 VAC that goes the the "surge" card, or power supply board ,on the back wall of the EasyTouch.

The Surge card changes the AC volts into DC Volts to run the cell.

If the breaker pops with the IC40 disconnected, then the surge card has to be bad.. I suppose it could be a wiring issue, but unlikley, unless you pushed two pins together..

It looks like this and it will have a green light if working..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I checked the surge card this morning and no green light. Is this common? I guess, I would not expect this sort of problem. Any answers or just purchase a new surge card. Is this under warranty? Thank you for your time and responsiveness!
thanks, miles
CA1F9F73-E979-4E2B-B643-9A4B9F0378C4.jpeg

The system is all new from 2017. Is there anyway to test the surge card specifically? I would hate to replace the surge card and not have that be the problem. It’s starting to sound like I might need to just get a pool tech to my house a this point. What do you think? Once again thank you very much for your help.
miles

If this was a new install by a professional of three or more Pentair pieces of equipment (ET, pump, SWCG) then you have a 3 year warranty. Call Pentair. This may be covered under warranty.

Ok last question?..... My surge card says part number 521593 which does not coincide with any part you can order online. I know you both have had this question with other people before, but with different units. do either of you know the part number I should be searching for to order the correct part for the IC40. Thank you very much.
8C30B078-7F72-4032-A60C-B95CE3D90667.jpeg

Miles,

You need one that goes in an EasyTouch and not the external power supply..

Other than that they are all interchangeable...

Looks like the new number is 521218... At least that is the one I would order..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.