ic40 life check and blinking green high salt

Jun 3, 2012
Hi and happy Friday i have a ic40 with the easytouch. how do i check the remaining life? pressing on the "More" button does not do anything. i've looked on youtube and can see that pressing More after three seconds scrolls the LEDs.

it is not producing any chlorine.

mine does nothing. any insight on how alternative way to check is much appreciated.

salt level is at 4000 using Taylor test.
cleaned/descaled chlorinator - no change
flow is green: running pentair at 2400 rpm

Last edited:
tpn,

How old is the cell.

The life-left test is close to useless as it is just a prediction based on time, it is not like it actually knows how much plate life is left. There are also a ton of things that can failure that have nothing to do with plate life, or hours run.

These things tend to work or they don't.

The very first thing to check is the "Cell" light. When the SWCG is running at 50% the cell light should be on for about 2.5 minutes and then off for 2.5 minutes. If it does that, then most likely it is making chlorine.

If the cell is making chlorine, then something must be consuming the chlorine.

Very old cells do not have the more button test. Newer cells should work whether they are connected to the EasyTouch or not. Mine does.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
thanks Jim. i purchased the unit in april 2019. I checked the lights at 50% and it cycles on/off every 2.5 mins......

ive run the tests....

FC 2
Ph: 7.6
TA 60
CH 350
CYA 60
Salt 4000
water temp 85F

me: stumped.

perhaps do a SLAM?!?

Last edited:
ha. true. Im more of a scorched earth when it comes to pool cleanliness. There is some algae that I see developing so I might as well slam it. thanks for the insight about the 2.5 min cycle test.

should I just ignore the high salt warning as I've validated at the pool store and via taylor salinity test? 3800, 4000 ppm respectively.

tpn,

If you can "see" algae, you skip the OCLT and go straight to the SLAM.

What is your CYA level? If it is high, it would make sense to drain some water, which lower the CYA as well as the salt.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.