Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Two issues:

1.) IC40 is blinking for high salt level but my Taylor Kit says 3000.

2.) Cell light is intermittent. Sometimes it’s solid green but sometimes it’s just off. It is not flashing. IC40 is currently set at 60% with the pump running 8 hours per day. It’s holding FC steady at 6.5. Thoughts? Thanks!

Today:

FC: 6.5
PH: 7.2 (lowered to lower TA, aerating now)
TA: 90
CYA: 75
CH: 50
Salt: 3000
Temp: 87 (running VERY old Hayward natural gas heater to warm from 81)

The hot water from the heater could be impacting the thermistor in the SWCG. Was the heater running when the SWCG started? Can you post a picture of the label from the underside of the SWCG?

The cell light will be off for 40% of every 5 minutes with the cell set at 60% generation. Is that what you are seeing?

1.) Yes the Cell light t would correspond to the 60% setting....can’t believe I didn’t think of that. Thanks!

2.) Yes heater started at same time as heater snd pump today.

3.) can’t take pic of underside of IC40 without uninstalling it. I ordered it from ebay (allegedly new in box) and installed it two years ago.

any actions I should take or just see if high salt light blinking goes away after heater gors off? Do you like 3000 salt level for IC40?

Turn off your heater for a while and see if the high salt warning stops.

The IC40 will continue generating with the High Salt Warning so you can ignore it for a while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.