Mesa, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
When pool builder plumbed my pool they installed dummy cell. Well the tech came out to get pumps running (after filling pool for 1st time) and install the screenlogic kit. Well he removed the dummy cell and installed the IC40 on start up. I had assumed they'd install that after they come back in 30 days to add salt etc...I was quite surprised when coming home from work to see cell all ready installed. Did they possibly damage the cell? I read the instructions and they state on new builds to wait 30 days for debris to clear out and plaster to cure.

I doubt it damaged the cell. No salt for 30 days so the SWCG should not have power to it until that time.

Please modify your signature -----

Reactions: NinjaWorf
Ninja,

I assume that you no longer have the pool in your signature??

I too doubt it will cause any problems.. "Crud" would have to get through the pump basket, the pump, and the filter before it gets to your salt cell...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: NinjaWorf
Ninja,

I assume that you no longer have the pool in your signature??

I too doubt it will cause any problems.. "Crud" would have to get through the pump basket, the pump, and the filter before it gets to your salt cell...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thx I was thinking the same kinda, I did go ahead and order a dummy cell, for next 3 weeks ( even though I'd imagine start would probably be the best time to have had it) and for winter months. Yes I should probably update my signature! 😉

I don’t see much reason to remove the cell in winter where you are. It will generate chlorine except when the water temperature falls below 52F.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.