IC40, EasyTouch and Intelliflo Connecting

Jul 17, 2019
Ontario
I have been running and easy touch with an IC40 and a basic Sta-Rite single speed pump. I have both the the IC40 transformer and the Sta-Rite connected to Filter relay. When the filter relay is turned on, both the pump and IC40 power up. When it is turned off, they both turn off. It has worked great.

I am going to install the Intelliflo today and I understand that you want constant power to it. So I will connect directly to circuit breaker and then connect the com cable to the com port.

1. The screenlogic is already in the com port. I assume I just put both the screenlogic and the intelliflo com cable into the same port. Can someone please confirm?
2. How should the IC40 be connected moving forward? Do I just put in the same circuit and allow the flow switch to determine on/off? I Assume it would not be right to leave it in the relay so it gets switched by the relay when the pump won't be. Can someone please confirm?

Thanks

HC,

Make sure you do the following with the power off..

1. On the Pump/Filter relay, just move the wires going to the pump from the load side of the relay to the line side.. This will give the pump constant AC power.
2. Leave the wires going to the SWCG's transformer on the load side of the relay. This will only turn on the SWCG when the pump is running.
3. Connect the RS-485 cable between the pump and the com port J20.. If you have an EasyTouch with a SWCG it will have a small card mounted to the back wall of the EasyTouch. It has three additional com port connections.. It is already connected to J20, so you can connect the RS-485 to an one of them, as they are all the same. Green to green and Yellow to yellow.

Please confirm that your EasyTouch has a built-in power supply for your SWCG and that you do not have an External SWCG power supply.

Here is a pic of the card you should have mounted to the back wall of the EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

My Easytouch does have the built in power supply for the IC40. When you hook it up how you have described, is the easytouch smart enough to turn the Filter relay on when the pump comes on even though the relay is no longer turning the pump on and off?

HC,

The whole purpose of the pump/filter relay is to come on when the pump should be running.. It could not care less if a pump is attached to the relay or not. Anytime you are in the pool or spa modes and the pump is being told to run, no matter what kind of pump, the pump/filter relay will close.

Thanks,

Jim R.

OK. So I have hooked everything up as described and restored the power. I then went into the menus and chose the intelliflo pump VSF on the pump #1. On my screenlogic I can see the intelliflo pool but I cannot seem to control the pump. On the pump itself I can turn things on and adjust speeds now regardless of whether the relay is active or not. So powerwise, I am good.

When I press the F now, the SWG comes on but not the pump. Did I miss a step? Its like the Easytouch does not know that there is a pump connected to the com port even though there is. Any help would be appreciated.

The pump screen should say 'Display Not Active' if the pump is properly tied to the Easytouch.

Check to be sure the ET is not in Service Mode. If it is not, then your wiring of the RS485 cable is not correct.

You were right. One of the connections must not have been seated properly. Everything now seems to be in order. Now just need to figure out a schedule and what speed to run this thing at. Amazing how quiet it is compared to the old Sta-Rite pump

HC,,

Here are a few screenshots to help.. You need to tell the pump what speed you want the pump to run and then schedule that circuit..

You should set your Pool speed that lowest speed you ever want to run.. I would not go below 1000 RPM and I would not use GPM at least for now.

If you look at my set up, the pump runs at 1250 RPM when the Pool circuit is on.. Keeping the pool circuit on, I can turn on Skim low and the pump will go to 1500 RPM and if I turn on Skim High the pump will increase to 2000 RPM.. the key here is that the pump will always run the faster speed, if it sees more than one input.

View media item 1964

Please let me know if this does not make sense.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I think it does. I will play with that after. I am finding anything below 1600 my IC40 gives a flow error. Would it be safe to say that is as low as I should ever really go? Is the idea here to run low for longer as opposed to running full out for half the day?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.