IC40 "CELL" Status light flashing

Greg,

Anything over 4500 will turn on the High Salt warning and that would drive me crazy... :mrgreen:

I find that I can start tasting salt if over 3500 or so.. So, in my case, I would drain some water and get the salt level down..

The cell will still work with high salt, but it is just not something I would be comfortable doing..

What you found with difference between the salt level reported by the cell, and the actual salt level, is why I almost never add salt based upon just what the cell reports...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Greg,

Anything over 4500 will turn on the High Salt warning and that would drive me crazy... :mrgreen:

I find that I can start tasting salt if over 3500 or so.. So, in my case, I would drain some water and get the salt level down..

The cell will still work with high salt, but it is just not something I would be comfortable doing..

What you found with difference between the salt level reported by the cell, and the actual salt level, is why I almost never add salt based upon just what the cell reports...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

I will drain some water out to get the salt level down, the "High Salt" warning will likely drive me crazy as well. Also, as you stated I will no longer trust what the "CELL" reports as far as the salt level goes. The test kit will be my true indicator. I appreciate your guidance and quick replies. This year, I donated to the forum due to all of help I have received (a lot of it was from you!). It is a great resource for all pool owners to go to for advise and help!!! :)

Have a wonderful Holiday weekend.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

Thanks for donating, as it make sure the site stays open and gives me a place to "hang out"... :)

Please let me know if you donated more than a week ago... If you did, I'll check with our admin to get your supporter badge to show up.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

You are welcome! I donated on 5/11/2019. :cool:

Thanks,

Greg

Jim,

Quick update. New IC60 came in yesterday, so I swapped out the IC40. As expected, the Salt light "Good" was flashing indicating the salt level was high. I drained about 12" of water out and now all is good. The IC60 is producing Chlorine! :D I set my Variable Speed Pump to 1800 rpm (was 2000 rpm) and the IC60 is set to 35%.

Thanks,

Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.