Phoenix Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Title says it all. No lights in IC40, looked on the forums and thought I might have a dud. Then I saw another person had a tripped breaker (forgot about that) which was tripped on mine. I flip the breaker and it immediately trips.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to diagnose the cause of this?

Fwiw the IC is less than one year old

Thanks in advance ajw

It’s maybe a year old. I bought it online because I built my own pool, equipment was hard to get from one vendor etc etc.

I’ve read that a ic is covered by 2 years but other posts said the opposite. I’ll give a call to Pentair this week and see what happens.

What occurs : if I remove the swg from the special connector at the Intellicenter and fire up the panel everything is fine. Once I connect the swg the 12a trips. Then in about 7-10 seconds I can hear the 12a ‘reset’ where I can attempt the reset the circuit but it trips again.

Initial install in your case, if you installed it yourself, would only have a 60 day warranty. Did you have an electrician or plumber install the equipment?

Reactions: papadoppa
Initial install in your case, if you installed it yourself, would only have a 60 day warranty. Did you have an electrician or plumber install the equipment?
Yes. I had my electrician connect all the wiring (I trenched and pulled the wire) and I had a pool plumber do all the plumbing.

Then you should have a 2 year warranty if you registered the equipment with Pentair submitting copies of the installation invoices. If you have not registered, call Pentair but you likely will need to send in copies of invoices.

Then you should have a 2 year warranty if you registered the equipment with Pentair submitting copies of the installation invoices. If you have not registered, call Pentair but you likely will need to send in copies of invoices.
I’m a general contractor (commercial and residential) I just had my regular subs come by my house and paid them cash. I’m sure I could cook something up if need be.

1676215911361.png

1676216112097.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update: it took two different service companies (first one erroneously accepts the job which caused a delay) and almost 3 weeks but my IC40 was replaced under warranty. Service person said they had only seen this issue a few times and it must be something internally that's shorting--causing the circuit breaker to trip.

I'm just glad I noticed this in the winter vs the summer....and I got a new IC40.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.