Jacquelyn1215

Jun 1, 2021
Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We have an IC SWG. I need help understanding the “Sanitizer Output” LED lights. They had been flashing for several weeks and during this time the Salt Level was "good" per the light on the SWG. During that time, our FC has ranged from 2.6 - 4.8; today it was at 3 and those lights were still flashing. We had the output (on the app) set to 7%. That seems to be our sweet spot to prevent FC from getting too high. However, I’m guessing the Sanitizer Output lights aren’t meant to be flashing all the time? So we played with the output and it looks like if we set it at 11% or over, the lights stop flashing and just the first 2% light was illuminated consistently.

We will monitor this and see what it does to our chlorine levels but from experience it’s going to cause it to increase. What is the optimal setting here? Does it matter if the lights are consistently flashing?

Attachments

• IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    373.6 KB · Views: 6
Look at the numbers above and below the LEDs.

The numbers above the LEDs go from 2% to 10%.

The numbers below the LEDs go from 20% to 100%.

When the LEDs are flashing the top numbers apply and when the LEDs are solid the bottom numbers apply.

It also says “Flashing LEDs: Low Output Mode”. That means generation between 2% and 10%.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
CYA is at 50.
prevent FC from getting too high.
Your FC is at the low end, which doesn't give you much margin of error/safety. There's no downside if your FC is a little high. There's a big downside to your FC being too low.

I use the Pool Math app
You can share your PoolMath logs (enable at the bottom of the Pool Setup menu).

We do not have automation.

We had the output (on the app) set to 7%.
What app are you using and how does it interface with your system?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.