Platinum Supporter
May 16, 2011
TX (~30 miles south of Dallas)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
My Pentair IC-60 has suddenly stopped working. It was working yesterday, but now there are basically no lights, except for an intermittent blip of the red light by the “Low” reading.

I bought the cell in June of 2022 to have “just in case” and installed it March 14, 2023 so it really shouldn’t be having issues at this point.

Leading up to this, as my water temperatures have been dropping, (current water temperature is 73) the salt reading was going abnormally high. It currently reads 9000 when I have tested it to be 3400.

I turned off all my circuit breakers and let the system rest for a few minutes. Then I detached and reconnected the cable to the control box. These did nothing. Finally, I slid back the plastic cover to the salt cell and accidentally popped off the whole thing to reveal the electronic insides. I didn’t realize this came off, but I found water inside and wonder if this is the problem? It’s hard to tell from the photo, but there were puddles in the corners, and everything is shiny is because it’s wet.

Do you have any thoughts on what I should do next to get this up and running again? Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpeg
    IMG_1056.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 39
Make a warranty claim with Pentair. You should have a 2 year warranty on the cell.

Reactions: Mdragger88
JP,

If you still have your old cell, stick it back in and see if all the lights work.

The old cell may not make chlorine, but at least you will know that the power supply for the cell is working.

Thanks,

Jim R.

That top half should not separate. It’s welded shut. If the unit did that then it was previously opened or damaged in some way.

Reactions: JamesW
Thank you for your replies. I am not home right now to check anything on the cell, but I can do that later this evening. I do have the old Cell to see what happens and I will keep you posted.

The part that popped off shows no indications of having any sealant around the seam.

I bought the Cell from an online dealer. I have my email receipt. This is what’s at the bottom…1696953179550.png

1696953491956.png

https://www.poolcleaningparts.com/policies-terms-conditions.html

1696953624757.png

Returns & Replacements
Returns for any product non-defective (unused and uninstalled) excluding electronic parts can be done so within 30 days from original purchase date.

A restocking fee of 20% will be applied and customer will be responsible for original shipping charges and cost of returning the product.

Returned merchandise must be in the original packaging and in resalable condition and include all parts, literature, manuals, warranty cards, original invoice and rebate forms when applicable, etc.

Please be advised that resalable condition includes the condition of the shipping box.

Electronic items and all installed merchandise are non-returnable.

Please refer to the manufacture for warranty on these defective items.

All returns require authorization from Pool Cleaning Parts. Please use the contact form to receive a Merchandise Return Authorization number prior to returning goods.

https://www.poolcleaningparts.com/crm.asp?action=contactus

Interesting development…
My husband was dosing the pool and found bubbles coming from the returns. I told him to take a photo of the cell and this is how it looks. I kept the cover off hoping it might dry out…

Still, I do t want to deal with a leaky cell and me salt reading is now 9900!

Attachments

• IMG_8421.jpeg
    IMG_8421.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Wow
Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.