Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
I had one installed today and they forgot to bring the salt. They said to leave the cell running but I know I need it off for 24 hrs after adding the salt. They are bringing it tomorrow so how do I turn it off. They left without showing me anything about it. Thnx, Chris

If you do not have an automation system you need a timer to control the SWCG. The SWCG should not have power to it when the pump is off.
Do not rely only on the flow switch. That is a secondary safety device.

How did they wire the SWCG?

Chrissy,

I agree with Marty....

For now, you can just set the % of output to zero... With no salt, the cell will not try to produce chlorine, but what you do not want to have happen is for the cell to come on when the salt level is very high.. This can happen when the salt is first dumped in the pool, before it has had a chance to be diluted by the pool water..

If any of the cell's lights are on, when the pump is NOT running, your cell is not wired correctly.. If the flow switch fails, this can cause the cell to explode. While this does not happen often, it can and has happen, as reported here..

Thanks,

Jim R.

If it is wired to the pump (I assume you have a timer for it?) then the power to it should go off when the pump goes off. Does it?

If it is wired to the pump (I assume you have a timer for it?) then the power to it should go off when the pump goes off. Does it?
Yes, I thought you needed to physically turn the unit off when there was no salt in the pool or it would break. I downloaded a manual last night and spent some time reading it.

I have a pretty fair idea of how these work from reading here over the years. I finally talked the hubby into making the switch from liquid because we were concerned about the availability of liquid chlorine this summer and I refuse to use pucks. I am pretty excited about getting it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.