Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,

Long time lerker, decided to create an account as I usually manage to get my answers from prior posts.

I have read as many IC-40 threads as I can but have not found anything that fits my issue.

IC-40 System - 8000 hours (most likely have to replace next year)
Checked and the temp sensor is bad - got Green for Flow and Green for Cell.
Did an acid clean last week before the pool temps started getting up to 65+

My issue is that the salt reading light is not on - not even low, it comes on Low for a while during start up but then goes out when the Cell light comes. We did have low salt and I put 3 bags in to get it up to 3400 ish.

I will replace the flow sensor but not sure why the salt light is not coming on at all - this always worked before. Any help and guidance is appreciated. Thx.

Mag,

The salt light has to be either Red or Green... It can't be off.

It could just be that the green LED is not working.

If the Cell light is on, that is generally a good indication that the salt level is ok.

The 8000 hours really means nothing if the cell is actually bad. It is just a rough guess as to how the plates are doing. Cleaning a lot with MA depletes the plates but does nothing to the 'hours used counter'..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mag,

The salt light has to be either Red or Green... It can't be off.

It could just be that the green LED is not working.

If the Cell light is on, that is generally a good indication that the salt level is ok.

The 8000 hours really means nothing if the cell is actually bad. It is just a rough guess as to how the plates are doing. Cleaning a lot with MA depletes the plates but does nothing to the 'hours used counter'..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim - yes - only the RED led lights up - so could well be the LED not working. I only did the acid wash once…….in 5 yrs

Appreciate the follow up

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.