Oct 17, 2018
SE Pennsylvania
Hello all,

Please point me in the right direction if this has been posted. It seems to be a bit tough to search for on Google. I have a relatively new pool with an iAquaLink PDA / App. It's connected to the internet and set up as far as I can tell. The thing is, I do not see anywhere to actually program the pool within the App or Web interface. It just has very basic temperature and on/off options for features. Nothing about setting pump times or anything else. I am not sure if I have a more basic option than most people or it needs to be upgraded, etc. The only place I can program from is the PDA which I do not like using. I went to the firmware version on PDA and it says version 4.0.6-w. I attached a screenshot of my web interface and app interface.

If anyone has some insight I'd really appreciate it.

Attachments

• Pool1.PNG
    Pool1.PNG
    17.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 9
The basic difference between the boards is what features they support. You need "pool OR spa" or "pool AND spa", then the # after the "RS" is the number of features you need. So my below PDA board shows as "PDA P4 Only" which means I have either a pool OR a spa and 4 features. So my equivalent RS board is a "RS 4 P or S". I could have gone with "RS 6 (or 8, etc) P or S" as well if I wanted more feature options. I would have if I had thought about it it would have allowed me to automate all of my valves, for instance, or added another outlet that could be controlled by Aqualink. And of course make sure to get the rev you have or later. You should just need the board which I suggest getting from eBay.

1591893550510.png
1591893620080.png

Do you have a spa? If so, add to your signature.

Here is an example of a board you could probably use.

No Spa. I have just a VSP with a water feature and heater. I think the same board you have is what I need as a minimum. Side note - when you say "or added another outlet that could be controlled by Aqualink" what exactly do you mean by outlet?

I was wondering it looks like he sold you a "pool AND spa" board which is why you see those spa options. I do not have those on mine. When you buy your upgrade you will only need to get a "P OR S".

I used an Aqualink relay to control an electrical outlet on my pool deck where I have low-voltage landscape lighting plugged in. I added this to the "dusk to dawn" Aqualink timer (tracks changes in dusk to dawn throughout the season). It is the "Garden Light" seen below. When activated it simply energizes the electrical outlet via the "extra aux" that normally would be used for "solar" since I don't have solar I repurposed that aux port. I have another outlet that if I had more aux ports I would also control. But I am out of aux ports with my PS4. I have my pool lights on 1, automated valves (JVAs) on the 2nd and 3rd and the garden light on the 4th. If I had a PS6 I'd have 2 more to play with.

1591896323952.png

Ok that's what I thought you meant. I plan on adding some lighting so that would be useful. Good to know the spa settings will go away, it's annoying to have those extra buttons on the app because I always bump them. Also slightly annoying that the pool builder misses small details like the fact that I don't have a spa and gives me the dual board anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.