iAqualink iQ-900 antenna replacement

Feb 11, 2014
Gulf Cost
I've had good luck with this device, but I recently found the antenna split open. The connection has become a bit less reliable and I want to replace it, as the internals and the box are fine.

The pool is at a different location than I currently am, and so I would love to get a photo of the antenna and the connection used to connect the antenna to the board, and I also need to know the frequency spec of the antenna so I can find a suitable replacement wither from Jandy or elsewhere.

Any help appreciated!

Last edited:
Well, I called and they don't offer the antenna separately. I am confident that I can replace the thing even if I have to solder new antenna leads in place, but it would be nice to see an image of that connection on the inside of the iQ 900 box before I order a 3rd party whip antenna, as I might be able to select one with the correct connector.

If you are looking for an inexpensive solution that anyone can do, I have found one. The antenna is a whip type. When you open the box up, you will see that it is mounted through the box and held in place by a nut. The cable leading from the antenna comes up through a hole in the PCB to a connect called a UFL and is plugged into the Wi-Fi modules mating UFL.
To Disassemble:
1) Disconnect the 4 wires (RS-485) to the Aqualink so that the iQ900 is not powered up.
2) Open iQ900 box if you haven't yet.
3) Gently on the UFL connector (not the cable), disconnect the antenna's UFL from the Wi-Fi module. You can use a plastic tool to lift the connector off the mating connector on the board.
4) Remove the 4 screws holding down the PCB to the plastic box and remove the PCB from the box. The 3 LEDs are instead into the side of the box so you will need to shift the PCB a little before lifting the PCB out of the box.
5) Using a 3/8" open ended wrench loosen and remove the nut and washer that is holding the antenna to the box.
6) Remove the antenna from the box. There will be an oring on the the outside for sealing the antenna to the box. this might need replacing.

New parts:
Digi-Key: ANT-2.4-PML-UFL-ND (The cable will be longer, but that can be lay in the box with not problem).
ORing: 008, 4.8mm ID, 8.6mmOD

To Assemble:
1) Insert the new antenna cable through the oring and slide it down to the thread part of the antenna.
2) Insert the antenna cable through the hole in the box.
3) Insert the antenna cable through the locking washer that came with the new antenna and slide it down to the thread part of the antenna.
4) Insert the antenna cable through the nut that came with the new antenna and slide it down to the thread part of the antenna.
5) Thread the nut onto the antenna and tighten. Check the orientation of the antenna and be careful not to over tighten if the threads on the new antenna are plastic.
6) Now lay the extra cable length around the box so that the UFL ends up near the hole in the PCB that it will go through. Do not folder or kink the cable.
7) Insert he cable through the PCB and connect the UFL connector of the cable to the UFL mating connector on the Wi-Fi module.
8) Insert the PCB back into the box. You will need to offset the board so that you can align the 3 LEDs with the holes on the box.
9) Screw down the PCB board to the box.
10) Close the box up and reconnect the 4 wires (RSS-485) to the iAqualink.

The iQ900 will power up and should connect to the access point.

Estimate cost is ~$12 for antenna ( not including shipping and tax) 0ring: less than a $1. I had and box full of various sizes, so I didn't purchase one.

I hope this help someone and not pay for a completely new box and antenna for over $100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.