atxjmy512

Mar 19, 2022
Austin, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Within the freeze protection settings for iaqualink - should spa be checked too to make sure water flows through those pipes?

If so - how does that work? Does it switch between filter pump and spa mode periodically or send water through everything simultaneously?

Attachments

• 52B4081C-E495-47F7-A1BA-29748A7583C9.png
    52B4081C-E495-47F7-A1BA-29748A7583C9.png
    572.8 KB · Views: 11
If you select Spa it will alternate to Spa Mode, moving the valves, but not firing the heater, every 15 minutes.

Or just adjust the actuators using the toggle switch to get some water through the suction and return line’s while in Pool mode.

Reactions: atxjmy512
Also see similar discussion in thread below.

Or just adjust the actuators using the toggle switch to get some water through the suction and return line’s while in Pool mode.
This would reduce flow overall correct? I know that won’t matter in term of freeze protection, just trying to get a sense of the merits one method vs the other. Lower but constant flow vs stronger but intermittent flow that cycles every 15 minutes is essentially what I’m picking between?

Correct. Not moving the valves every 15 minutes is the plus. Less wear.
Quick question. Do I open both the spa return and spa main drains in the “less wear” method? I can’t figure out how to get my spa main drain actuator should be fully open and not block the main pool drain.

Mine will only articulate 90 degrees - either open spa drain & closed main pool drain or closed spa & open main. I can camber it open maybe half way between the two but the electronic actuator will only move that 90°.

Last edited:
Use the toggle switch. Let the valve move enough to allow some flow then put the toggle in the Off position.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are three positions of the toggle switch. On1, Off, On2.
Once the valve is cracked open to flow for spa, move the toggle to Off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.