Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help.

Through my iAqualink app on my phone I'm able to turn on my heater when in Spa and Pool Mode. I am unable to control the temperature (up or down) of the heater though.

The heater set temp stays at 95 degrees.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Do you know if anyone has adjusted the controls at the heater? The control panel on the heater should be set at 104 deg. F. This allows you to use iAquaLink to adjust the temperature up or down but the max is 104 deg F.

Let’s be clear how your system works.

iAqualink does not change the temperature on the Mastertemp heater. The temperature on the MasterTemp heater control panel needs to be set to its maximum, 104F. You do not want the MasterTemp thermostat controlling the heating.

The Aqualink panel then independently cycles the MasterTemp heater as necessary using its own water temperature sensor to reach and maintain the pool/spa water temperature set point you set in Aqualink.

So you have two heater thermostats in your pool system. The MasterTemp thermostat is NOT used. The Aqualink thermostat system controls the heater operation and pool/spa water temperature.

Last edited:
Reactions: HermanTX
Do you know if anyone has adjusted the controls at the heater? The control panel on the heater should be set at 104 deg. F. This allows you to use iAquaLink to adjust the temperature up or down but the max is 104 deg F.
That was the issue! Thank you Herman!

Let’s be clear how your system works.

iAqualink does not change the temperature on the Matertemp heater. The temperature on the MasterTemp heater control panel needs to be set to its maximum, 104F. You do not want the MasterTemp thermostat controlling the heating.

The Aqualink panel then independently cycles the MasterTemp heater as necessary using its own water temperature sensor to reach and maintain the pool/spa water temperature set point you set in Aqualink.

So you have two heater thermostats in your pool system. The MasterTemp thermostat is NOT used. The Aqualink thermostat system controls the heater operation and pool/spa water temperature.
Thank you for the explanation! This is very helpful in my understanding of how this works. I really appreciate it!

That was the issue! Thank you Herman!
Glad it was a simple fix.
The forum is manned by volunteers that answers questions and provide guidance. Keeping the website highly functional with the latest technology is key to making the forum workable and enjoyable. Please consider and Become a TFP Supporter

Thank you for the explanation! This is very helpful in my understanding of how this works. I really appreciate it!

Glad it was a simple fix.
The forum is manned by volunteers that answers questions and provide guidance. Keeping the website highly functional with the latest technology is key to making the forum workable and enjoyable. Please consider and Become a TFP Supporter
I will. You have no idea how much this site has helped me when no one else can. Thank you again!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.