iAqualink 2.0 and Ubiquiti

Idlehands78

Dec 22, 2019
Bakersfield, Ca
Been poking around the forums for a minute reading about everyone else's issues with the iAqualink IQ20 and thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. Our pool recently finished construction about 3 weeks ago. When our contractor got the controller up and running, he wanted to get the iAqualink on my WiFi so that it would be easier to program...etc...etc. He asked what type of WiFi router I had, we have a netgear R8000 nighthawk with WiFi on the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radios. He mentioned that there have been lots of issues connecting to the Nighthawk. However, I also have an outdoor access point connected to my Nighthawk that is is Ubiquiti UAP-AC-M, it's a mesh access point that broadcasts a 2.4 and 5Ghz signal. It's hardwired to the Nighthawk, but is managed by the Ubiquiti cloud manager via a Cloud Key (also connected to the Nighthawk). Here's where things get crazy.

I was able to get the IQ20 to connect to my network, 3 solid lights, power, LAN and WEB. I can see that the IQ20 is connected to my network, via the Ubiquiti management software, as a client, and I can also see that it is receiving DHCP because it is provided an IP address. I am able to ping the IP address successfully. However, when I go to the Jandy website, or use the app to 'Add the System' I get the error, 'Make sure device is online and that you are connected to the same network.' I have checked and double checked that I am on the same network, I have reset teh IQ20 at least a dozen times and reconnected it to my network. I am truly at a loss. It's Sunday right now so Jandy is not open for customer service, or I would be on the phone with them. I plan on calling them tomorrow, however it's supposed to be raining all day tomorrow so playing around the pool equipment in wet weather should be fun.

I've also read that there could be an issue with needing to have the 802.11b setting enabled, and I have verified in my Ubiquiti management software that it is.

I'm getting beyond frustrated with this, and my contractor has been great up until it came to the networking side of things. I'm pretty tech savy, but this has got me spitting rocks. To the point I've been tempted to completely reconstruct my home network, but I can't justify that on a 'maybe' it will work with my IQ20.

This is typically an IP addressing and subnet issue.

What IP address does the IQ20 have?

What IP address does the device with the app have? What os is on that device?

What is the DHCP address range and submask for your Nighthawk?

See below, I haven't gotten to far on my home machine to get everything on a different subnet. I know it can save some headaches as well as help me manage my bandwidth better, I just haven't done it yet.

What IP address does the IQ20 have? 192.168.1.22

What IP address does the device with the app have? What os is on that device? This is an Apple iPhone XS Max running iOS 13.1.3, IP address is 192.168.1.35

What is the DHCP address range and submask for your Nighthawk? IP range is: 192.168.1.1-254 subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

Is the IQ20 set for DHCP or static IP? If the latter, double check the gateway setting. Also, bind the IC20 to the 2.4 network.

Is the IQ20 set for DHCP or static IP? If the latter, double check the gateway setting. Also, bind the IC20 to the 2.4 network.

the IQ20 is set to DHCP. I read somewhere that the IQ20 doesn’t respond well to being set to static IP.

Also not sure about binding to 2.4. I currently have the APs broadcasting 2 separate SSIDs, one for 5Ghz and one for 2.4Ghz. I have made sure to only connect the IQ20 to the 2.4 SSID on my network.

I’ll be calling Jandy today to see if they can help get this resolved. I’m a little miffed about it at this point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.