I want to learn to be the Captain of my own Pool

dccargeek

May 6, 2019
Yorba Linda, CA
Hi everyone! As the title states we decided to let our service company handle our recent remodel. We were in the process of making other changes to the house and had more funds leftover in the budget so we decided to spruce up our little pool spa as the plaster had seen better days.

We are still going back and forth with the vendors on the pool trying to make sure it was done correct. If you want to read more on the horror story of our remodel (which wasn't as bad as it sounds, but it wasn't good either) please go read my review on Yelp: John B.'s review of Solscapes

So, why am I here?
My main goal is to become educated enough that I can handle routine care and feeding and optimize the longevity of our pool. The secondary goal is to get feedback on the current look of our brand new remodeled pool. I've seen quite a few minipebble finishes and none seem to have the same level of plaster and aggregate discoloration that I see in my finish. As an ignorant homeowner I lack the knowledge to debate with my installers and look to this community to educate me on both my near terms (getting this right) and longer term (learning to care for my own pool) goals.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG-2443.JPG
    IMG-2443.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 11
What color pebble did you specify? And from what vendor - Pebbletec? Wet Edge?