I saw T-Cell-15s on Amazon end of season last year for $399, now $599. Should have pulled the trigger, where do you get yours cheep?

Were they new Hayward T-15's? Or rebuilts? Or Chinese knockoffs?

On Amazon you often don;t know what you are getting.

That graph you see above was skewed by many sellers , intentionally or not, offering Hayward's 3000 hr warranty cell and trying to imply it had three years warranty which it did not. That's why the prices looked too good to be true.

I just purchased a T-15 reconditioned salt cell from Salt Solutions, Inc., in Tampa FL with a two year warranty on the “Extended life” model. It is rated for 13,000 hours and is also coated with Ruthinium for $495. The regular cell is $325. and rated for 10,000 hours with a one year warranty.

From my research, Hayward will not honor a warranty unless the cell is installed by an authorized rep. Not feasible in my remote area and how absurd to require professional installation. Also read several reviews that indicated problems with the quality and inability to get a warranty honored.

Salt Solutions charges a $60. core fee and as soon as you return the core (postage prepaid) they will credit the $60. To clarify - the $60 refund reduces the price to $445.

The first cell they sent gave diverse readings on the polarity and I called them. They sent out another cell that day and the new cell registers spot on polarity and instant salt against my Taylor salt test.

I found Salt Solutions on the TFP forums with satisfied customers so it seemed like the best solution at the best price and warranty. I certainly will post if there are any issues. I assume prices will be increasing everywhere with the chlorine shortage so you might want to keep that in mind.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
I 2nd the recommendation for Salt Solutions. I have used them in the past for a system board and a rebuild on my salt cell. Fast shipping, great customer service, and very good prices.

Reactions: Geojaneo
Saw the new thread comments and just wanted to update. We closed our pool a few weeks ago and since we installed the Salt Solutions replacement cell in May, we had no issues at all with our cell. But, the first cell SS sent did not function and they promptly replaced within a few days. Remain extremely satisfied but I would suggest waiting until you re-open the pool before purchasing. My thought is based on warranty - if you buy now and don’t use until late spring- basically you’re throwing away 6 months of the warranty. Yes, a gamble as prices may increase, but that’s my logic based on our experience. Also, I called before I purchased and the rep not only answered my questions but gave me detailed information regarding the materials used by the company. Best of luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.