I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we be able to put in our target number? I target a little higher than target because my pool is in full sun all day. I have absolutely no shade on my pool, so mine tends to burn off a little more than typical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still trying to get this changed. May take a little while for the DNS to change. I hope most of you dont loose any data...if there are a few from the old server that dont transfer over i'll try to move them after its switched.

Love what i'm seeing, any chance you'd be willing to put it up on something like github or share the source privately? I have a web server in the house already for other things and i'd love to run something like this locally. If not, totally understand too though :)

Would be nice to have a reference to the Julian Day. Either displayed on the main page or a quick link to a pdf?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For curiosity sake, do you want this so you can reference bleach dates?

- - - Updated - - -

Love what i'm seeing, any chance you'd be willing to put it up on something like github or share the source privately? I have a web server in the house already for other things and i'd love to run something like this locally. If not, totally understand too though :)

Sorry, not going to open the source just now, as I am still in the early days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Im a little late to the party, but...

I was looking for suggestions on how to start integrating some more Pool calculation stuff. We have to think total beginner that knows nothing about this stuff. So I was thinking that most people do not know what their target numbers should be so this app would try to figure that out for you.
Perhaps have a prefilled entry that suggests what the target value should be. But at the same time, make it editable so that an experienced user could manualy overrite the value if they choose to.

... So I was thinking that you could put what you are currently using for your sources of chemicals in the settings and it will work off of that so it will will give you direct additions for what you are really using.
I like this idea! remove some of the un-needed clutter when you know you are not using xyz tabs for chlorine, ect...

The only downside of this is that you would still have to use pool math if you wanted to say get your pH down to a 'known number' like 7.2 so you can lower your TA or something. But I was thinking that this app needs to be for anyone including the ones that want this to just tell them what numbers they should be at without having to know.
Umm, any chance TFP / PoolMath owner would be willing to share their code or formulas with you so that you can put the calcs directly into your tool? would solve the need to link back to the TFP / PoolMath site.
Alternatly, you could just put a link right there in your app back to TFP / PoolMath page. User would still have to type the value in, but at least they would have an easy shortcut there to follow.

I like the idea of keeping track of what is added and when. Could pull the entries from the "settings" page and have the user just type a value in a box. "___ oz Bleach 10%" added "9/19/16 4:03pm" would be there waiting for an entry, etc

If you are still looking for testers, I would be willing to help. I've been wanting something better that iOS Notes to log data. I tried Excel but found that I wasn't too good at logging into the computer to add data. I always seemed to have my phone nearby and could easily just enter the numbers and notes.

Im a little late to the party, but...

Umm, any chance TFP / PoolMath owner would be willing to share their code or formulas with you so that you can put the calcs directly into your tool? would solve the need to link back to the TFP / PoolMath site.

If you open the TFP Pool Math page, right click, and select "View page source" then you can view all of the Pool Math calculations. In JavaScript I believe, not sure. The author, JasonLion, has already stated on this forum that you are free to use the formulas, but NOT the colors of the Pool Math page.

Any mods feel free to correct me if I misunderstood.

These formulas require a rewrite anyways. They are messy and if I had a settings page much of it is not needed. There are many functions there for all kinds of crazy conversions etc. it will just take me some time but I'll get the calculation type stuff in There like I did for CSI

JL is probably not a professional software developer; he knows way too much about chemistry. I am, and this code is not that bad. Considering the amount of people his work has helped, and the era in which it was written, and that he made it open source, makes it EXCELLENT in my book. I look forward to using your app also :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.