I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about how to give suggestions on what to add to the pool. For example, say a newbie who doesn't know anything is using this app and their pH is 7.5 within acceptable range 7.5-7.8. I would give no suggestions really because things look good. The number would be green. Now, if they are at 8.2 i would want to turn the number red and give them the suggestion to add XXX to lower it.

Should I give them a range, like if you want to lower it to 7.5 add this but if you want to lower it to 7.8 then add this? or should I shoot for the middle (like 7.6) and give them the numbers to get to that level.

So then, for an advanced user who always wants their pH to be at a specific target. I would allow them to enter this in the advanced settings and it would always give them the amounts to add to get to their target, but will still give them a 'green' number if they are within suggested ranges. Number would turn red if they were out of range.

Do you think that works or would you guys like it another way?

I like the idea of advanced settings. Normally you want it dead simple - give the target to reach middle of the road. It removes any guesswork. But, for people that want to drop pH way low, to drop TA for instance, you can change the target in the advanced settings.

Really like how this is evolving!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Minor suggestion: when someone is above target but not in unacceptable ranges (Ph 7.7 when anything under 7.8 is acceptable) maybe the information window should say "warning" instead of "danger" as the header. This will help a newb to know that they're still ok but may consider tweaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minor suggestion: when someone is above target but not in unacceptable ranges (Ph 7.7 when anything under 7.8 is acceptable) maybe the information window should say "warning" instead of "danger" as the header. This will help a newb to know that they're still ok but may consider tweaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And maybe yellow numbers instead of red? You're doing great Russell! Keep it up.

Quick feature add. On the main page it lets you copy your currents results so you can post them quickly in the forum if you need to display your results. See:

Results from poollogger.com

FC: 7.5
CC: 0
PH: 7.8
TA: 70
CH: 450
CYA: 70
Temp: 88
Salt: 3200

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.