I have tried everything from A to Z and pool is still cloudy!!!

Jun 17, 2017
Olathe, ks
Hello,

We recently purchased a new home that came with the pool. We went to open the pool and ran into a few hardware issues with the line coming from the skimmer so we had to shut the system down for a week or two to repair the line. When we first took the cover off the pool the water was perfectly clear with dirt on the bottom once we had everything going and the water circulating there was an algae bloom the water turned green we used in algaecide shock the pool got all the levels up and running and have yet to been able to get the water to be clear again. We have tried Leslie's clear it we have tried a clear and perfect and have recently resorted to using a flock and have considered draining the pool and refilling it however I am posting this in the hopes that somebody might be able to help me figure out what we need to do if it's a hardware issue which I don't believe it is cuz we have no reason or indications that the system is not properly filtering as our issue doesn't get any worse but it also doesn't get any better and there is nothing visibly coming back into the pool from the return When I vacuum out the dirt from the bottom of the pool. Please help!

FC =4
TC = 4
CALCIUM = 300
CYA = 50
TA = 90
PH 7.0
COPPER = 0
IRON = 0
TDS =600
PHOSPHATES = 100

Welcome Chris,

You haven't tried everything yet, but if you follow what we teach it will be the last thing you need to try, ever. Your issues are chemical, not mechanical. To control them, you need knowledge, and a good test kit. Once you get the pool dialed in, these problems disappear because you wont be guessing about what to do, and randomly trying different potions just hoping they will work. Get into Pool School, get your own kit ordered, and we will show you something entirely different with results that speak for themselves. This is all we do every day of the season here, and you can see it in thousands of posts that begin just like yours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.