I have an above ground 10k gallon pool using the Aquatrol

Csipres

Aug 24, 2021
Alhambra, CA
I have an above ground 10k gallon pool using the Aquatrol Goldline salt water system with a Hayward GLX-CELL-5 TurboCell. I installed the system in August of 2019 and been working great until now. I've been inspecting and cleaning my cell every 3 months or so. Recently the system started acting up and was displaying steady lights on "Check salt" and "inspect cell" and zero salt reading. I confirmed salt PPM to be 3200 PPM with Leslie's pools. I added a little more salt but no difference. I'm thinking the cell may have gone bad, just not sure. I ordered a replacement T-cell 5 and awaiting it's arrival to see if that corrects the problem. I tried calling Hayward but no luck there, it's an eternity hold situation. I will follow up with another post once I rule out if it's the cell or not to see if some one can help me figure this out.

Welcome to the forum.
Read Hayward AquaTrol SWG - Further Reading
Might give you some troubleshooting tips.

I've been inspecting and cleaning my cell every 3 months or so.
The inspection is fine but the cell should not be cleaned with acid unless you absolutely must. And if the SWCG has been scaling, then the water chemistry management needs to be addressed. A SWCG should not scale up if your water chemistry is managed properly.

Reactions: C0d3Sp4c3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.