I have a quick question that I'm hoping a sage will jump on

I have a Coleman 22x52 that is probably beginning it's last season. I have a 16" Hayward sand filter connected to a brand new 1hp Hayward pump that has the original hoses attached. Those hoses have developed cracks that allow for AWESOME sprays of water that are very frustrating for me. I have no problem replacing those original hoses... that's easy enough. The problem I have is with my plunger valve. The original valve that came with the Coleman pool apparently had a shallower depth to it, since when I've tried to connect my Intex plunger valve, that I purchased to replace the Coleman, I've found it won't tighten up. It's just all loosey-goosey... and that is not good. I considered trying to find some washers that would take up the difference in space, or maybe I need to buy a new eyeball that leaves more thread space for the plunger to hook onto? I tried to figure this out using my little brain, and so far, it's pool 1,000,000... and me zero. Has anyone else run into this? Maybe you can be my new best friend.
In the pictures you can see the eyeball connection. I think that was replaced a season or two back, but I cannot recall for certain. Then we have the original valve, which I broke as I was removing it, and finally the new Intex plunger valve, that will not thread on tightly.

Attachments

• 20210620_193314.jpg
    20210620_193314.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210620_193349.jpg
    20210620_193349.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210620_193437.jpg
    20210620_193437.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 7
You can replace the return jet assembly with an Intex or if it's just a little loose , try some blue monster tape . I'm not sure if you mean it's just loose or if it just doesn't fit. The tape will only create a tight seal with fittings that are supposed to go together.

You can replace the return jet assembly with an Intex or if it's just a little loose , try some blue monster tape . I'm not sure if you mean it's just loose or if it just doesn't fit. The tape will only create a tight seal with fittings that are supposed to go together.
Thank you for responding. When I say it's loose, I mean I max out the twisting on the plunger valve's threads, and it bottoms out to where the collar is tight to the eye's threads, but the plunger valve still has some room to move. It's like the thread end of the eyelet isn't pushing against my little rubber gasket in the plunger valve. Like I need some washers in there to keep it solid.

Looks like you are missing a gasket. Do you have all the parts from where the old one broke? See anything like this?
No, I moved the gasket over from the other shut off valve. I think the issue is just that the threaded collar on the new Intex plunger valve is taller, and therefore it doesn't tighten up like the shorter collar on the original.

Attachments

• 20210623_225924.jpg
    20210623_225924.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.