I goofed up with new plaster. Options?

Mar 4, 2018
Prosper, TX
So, I'm slightly ashamed to say this, but I kinda goofed up with my new plaster.

The plaster is about 9 weeks old, and I can list all sorts of excuses, but the skinny of it is I didn't brush it enough while it was curing. Somehow the urgency from the PB to brush it was lost on me, or perhaps there wasn't enough urgency coming from the PB. Not sure which.

When the pump is off, and it's a cloudy day, you can see lots of patchiness at the bottom of the pool. It's dark plaster, so the lighter patches do tend to stand out. When the sun is shining into the pool, you can't tell at all.

Is there anything I can do at this point? Do plaster companies do any sort of repair for this condition? I'm not sure it's worth draining the pool and paying an expert to correct it, but I'm still curious if it's an option. Or is re-plastering the only option?

Brush your new plaster y'all. I'm happy at least that you can't tell at all on a beautiful day. :cool:

Can you post some pics? Our PB intentionally did not acid wash aggressively so our pool looked mottled for a few years..... Our pool looked mottled however with time it all filled in and looks uniform today. Keep in mind that everytime you acid wash you remove a few mm of plaster. Brushing will even out your pool. Hope this helps:cheers:

Are you sure it isn't the normal mottling that happens with plaster? Mine is mottled a lot but very smooth. I brushed 2-3x/day for 3 weeks. It was bright white when it was done but now it is almost grey.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.