I-Chlor 30 Flow switch

I have the quick red flash then solid green on the cell light. The salt light also flashes. I just got the pool in June and the flow switch has already been replaced. I have two questions

1. When the flow switch is bad does the I-chlor reduce the amount of chlorine that it produces?

2. My pool is a 16 X 32 rectangle and has 18,500 gal capacity. Should I ask for a larger chlorinator or should the I-chlor 30 be sufficient?

thanks in advance

Welcome to TFP.. A great place to find the answers to all of your "Salty" pool questions... :shark:

The i30 should work ok, but is smaller than we recommend. We always suggest that a salt cell be at least 2 x the volume of the pool.

The salt light can flash red or green... Flashing green means the salt level is above 4500, but the cell will continue to run.. Flashing Red means you have low salt and depending on how low, the cell will reduce the output or not work at all. Since the Cell light is green I would assume the cell is working.

Since the pool is new, I would call and have the pool builder or Pentair come out and fix things..

The Flow Switch has two different sensors inside it.. a magnetic switch that closes when there is enough water flow... and a thermistor that is used to measure the water temperature and is part of the circuit that determines the salt levels.

For some reason, Pentair has had a number of flow switch failures recently.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim!

That is what I am doing. The pool installer is coming back out (again) and replacing it. I asked about the chlorine production as i have had it at 100% for 5 days now and it is just now at about 1 1/2 pounds. I thought that maybe the bad switch was causing the reduced production. Thanks again for the explanation!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.