I bit the dust!

I'm afraid it's gonna be a rough day on Old DV. I've had those and they were never better the next morning. Hate it for ya buddy, and I know its a bad time. Ain't worth much, but you have my sympathy because I reall know how bad those can be.

Thanks. It is definitely NOT better right now. I'm going to be whiny today, I can tell already. Cooking is at extreme risk! Just a few minutes upright hurts a lot. Sheesh! I was going to smoke a meatloaf and some salmon today and I've got 2 hunts of beef shoulder, my new friend, to do something with. Wwaahhhhhhh! Make it stop mommy!

Chicken soup heals all wounds my friend....you eat it, don't put it on the ankle.

Wife agrees with Denise - more alcohol, less aspirin.

Oh, and don't forget to breaks out some cheese to go with all your whine.

I'm out of animals to smoke but I will head to the store and find something to sacrifice to the smoker-gods on your behalf.

Fair thee well, friend. And, should you not make it, how would you like us to dispose of the remains? Scatter the ashes across the pool or feed the body parts to the donkeys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL!! I'm good with 50/50 on that. My bride made me some Irish coffee, things are looking up. I'll lay off the aspirin. There is not enough cheese in the house for all the whine! And we have a lot of cheese! :-D

Stay well inebriated and avoid heavy machinery and you should be ok....your whining will be inversely proportional to your blood alcohol level...

Oh, and ask for a Foley catheter to be placed, that way you can stay in your chair without having to get up.... :shock:

Danny, Have you wrapped it yet? That will be the biggest help when you need to get up. I can't find a link to the neoprene wrap I like the best but I will keep looking. It is VERY adjustable. For right now a good 'ole ace bandage will work.

:hug:

Hmmm, no I just make a dash and then back to elevated. I've got a boot with inflatable stuff inside and ace bandage. I'll try that next time. Thanks for the tips.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Stay well inebriated and avoid heavy machinery and you should be ok....your whining will be inversely proportional to your blood alcohol level...

Oh, and ask for a Foley catheter to be placed, that way you can stay in your chair without having to get up.... :shock:

That Foley is not going to do him any good without a leg bag attached to it! That is, unless you really want to see him jump up and dance!

You need a better story for your mates... like maybe a bad landing after a game saving 3-pointer.

Glad you're laying off the pills and sticking to alcohol. Saves your wife a stop at the drug store, preserving sympathy points.

Get well soon!

It's not too late to go ahead and break it! :mrgreen:

It is getting better. Less swelling and less throbbing. Seems like the compression helped quite a bit. I didn't take that as seriously as I should have. Still cannot put any weight on it at all. Supposed to be sunny and 80 next weekend. I'm going to work on getting the pool warm so I can rehab in the pool and be like Swampy! :)

Score one for Kim! I have a whole shelf in our closet with ortho stuff!

In our 32 yr marriage he has been a wheelchair 3 times! BUT he only goes to PT once so I can see what they want him to do. We then do the PT+ at home. He has always healed much faster than the ortho doc thought he would. I have heard MANY times "keep doing what you are doing as it is working".

Not fun but it was fun when they happened!

Kim:kim:

I hope the whining hasn't subsided?!??

Dude, you need to milk this opportunity for all its worth...at least a couple of days of sympathetic waiting on you hand & foot....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.