I-AquaLink 2.0 - LAN Speed?

Dave00

Jan 10, 2021
Houston, TX
Guys,

Dumb question I know, but I just recently upgrading some ethernet wiring in my house and put my I-AquaLink on a dedicated LAN line. I used CAT-6A throughout as I have POE cameras and APs (I know it's overkill for the Aqualink), but on my router I'm only seeing a speed of 10mbs for the I-AquaLink and with my ubiquity router it's showing 10HDX. Can someone tell me what LAN speed or card these units have as I want to make sure the cable is not crimped improperly? It's connecting and working, just want to make sure my cable is correct. Kind of technical I know, but I can't find anything on the 2.0 and the network card speed.

Thanks,
Dave

My controller shows 10MbE for the connection. I'm sure you're aware, most IoT devices aren't going to increase their device cost to include 10/100 or gbe cards. I'd recommend a Klein Scout to test any Ethernet runs. More expensive units will report cable length and also differentiate between a splice, short, or miswire.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-235516.png
    Screenshot_20211202-235516.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 3
My controller shows 10MbE for the connection. I'm sure you're aware, most IoT devices aren't going to increase their device cost to include 10/100 or gbe cards. I'd recommend a Klein Scout to test any Ethernet runs. More expensive units will report cable length and also differentiate between a splice, short, or miswire.
Thanks Christopher, that's what I figured as these have pretty old NIC cards and after speaking with Jandy (Tech Support) the most they will handle is 50mb. I'm showing on my router the connection is 10MB as well, but mine is showing HDX (half duplex) and that is what has be concerned. Not sure if these support FDX as that is pretty standard, but let me know if you can see that on your controller for that port?

Thanks Christopher, that's what I figured as these have pretty old NIC cards and after speaking with Jandy (Tech Support) the most they will handle is 50mb. I'm showing on my router the connection is 10MB as well, but mine is showing HDX (half duplex) and that is what has be concerned. Not sure if these support FDX as that is pretty standard, but let me know if you can see that on your controller for that port?
You're welcome! Mine is connected at HDX as well. While FDX is standard because modern technology needs bilateral simultanrous communication, remember Jandy is still stuck in the 1980s. Also, this antiquated device most certainly doesn't support 50mb. Just another example of Jandy's amazing (not) customer support.

Reactions: Dave00
I think you'll get a faster speed if you switch to WiFi. 10 half is not an issue though you should not notice any adverse effects from it.

The wireless link speed on my iAqualink 2.0 is registering 6 MBps based on my router. All the rest of my wireless devices show connection speeds from 139 Mbps to 780 Mbps.

The antenna is only about 10 feet from my wireless router so my signal level is 5 of 5 bars. I think the slow speed implies an early WiFi protocol also.

I think you'll get a faster speed if you switch to WiFi. 10 half is not an issue though you should not notice any adverse effects from it.

The another advantage of using WiFi is you airgap the outside system from propagating a lightning strike into your LAN and inside equipment.

the data that the system is sending or receiving would be well covered by 1mb. Its simple HTML, no large images or videos, just text and tiny avatars ...
FYI the wifi was unreliable on mine so I switched to a powerline ethernet connection which works great.
There seems to have been some changes on the back end of iaqualink website. IT makes me login every time now and my alexa integration stopped working about 2 weeks ago.

@Silver_2000 You're correct that they are having some issues on iaqualink website. I noticed problems using the web interface (both on the app and safari) on iOS (Apple) devices in the last couple of weeks. It only seems to work for up to a few button selections before the buttons (if you can call them that) go non responsive. You have to reload the web interface to get it to work again for a few more button presses. This doesn't occur on the Android app, or on a windows PC, just on Apple devices. I wrote to their customer service and they got back to me that their team was working on the issue with Apple.

If I disable the skill in alexa it works ONCE then stops again - glad to see I'm not the only one seeing issues

BTW is does impact android - I'm on android

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.