I am so lost...HELP

propjetprop

Gold Supporter
Jan 5, 2018
Douglasville Georgia
I am using the Taylor 2006c test kit...

Pool was completed about two weeks ago and the filter/pump has been running for about a week now. The PB has put some chems in the pool but I am not sure what or how much. I do know there are a few pucks in the skimmers.

So i test the water today:

For chlorine I had to use 6 scoops of DPD powder to get the sample to barely turn pink I mean barely... Then I used 1 drop of reagent 871 for chlorine to get the sample to clear again. (prob could have used half a drop) Does this mean I don't have any chlorine in the pool? We have been swimming in the pool. Should I ad some Chlorine even though the pucks are still in the skimmers?

TA is 70
PH is 8.0+ need 1 pint of muriatic acid to lower ph according to chart

I think the CYA is non existent... I did the test, but the sample never got cloudy at all and I could see the black dot clearly the entire time, it never faded in the least.

I am so confused... The water is clear, but I feel like I am doing something wrong? Should I start putting stuff in the pool? Is there an order I should follow to adding chemicals?

Thanks

Only use 1-2 scoops. If the sample does not turn pink, then you have no FC (not surprising if only relying on a few puck).
Yes you should use bleach to add clorine.
Yes, lower the pH
If they did not add CYA, then it is near 0 as the puck will not have added much at this time.

I would get CYA dissolving in a sock to about 30-40ppm.
Lower the pH.
Add 2ppm of FC ... and then each day add more bleach to keep the FC at the proper range for your targeted CYA.

Although you may want to talk to your builder if they are supposed to be maintaining it or see what can be done regarding plaster warranty.

Looks good on FC/CYA. I would raise FC to 6-7. Rule of thumb for CH/CYA chart is not to let FC get below 10% CYA. So with a CYA of 40, don't get below 4 FC. You usually lose 2 FC a day do to sun depending on weather, shade etc. So 6-7 FC in the morning should drop to 4-5 FC at sunset.

CH is low for plaster. First test your fill water for CH. If lower than the pool, it will keep lowering from evaporation. If higher than it will raise. Adjust to counter that. If low raise to higher 300. If high get to 250.

It is best to follow the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. Be sure your FC at its lowest point each day does not go below the minimum.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.