Hydrualic Pool Cover Won't Open

FourT4

May 7, 2018
Illinois
So I will start with some back story to this past November when i couldn't get the pool cover to close, which turned out the shear pin needed replaced which i did. Once the shear pin was replaced i was able to open and close the pool cover with out issues. I went to open the pool cover a few days ago, and I can't get it to open. I do have power to the motor, and can see the shaft spinning all the way through to the Pool cover side, but it won't catch onto the gears.

I assumed it was the shear pin again, however this time I don't see a hole where the shear pin would go. If you click the following link it will show a video of what I'm talking about. Trouble With Hydraulic Pool Cover : swimmingpools

I then found this Pool cover problem - YouTube video on Youtube, and it shows how the gears should spin

I’m sorry no one was able to help you diagnose the issue. I have an autocover but am not well versed in that type of problem solving.

I too did open ours once with a breaker bar. It’s a workout indeed!

Please let us know the resolution if you have a minute afterwards.

I’m sorry no one was able to help you diagnose the issue. I have an autocover but am not well versed in that type of problem solving.

I too did open ours once with a breaker bar. It’s a workout indeed!

Please let us know the resolution if you have a minute afterwards.

I'll be sure to update the issue, once i can actually get a pool company to call me back... I'm just glad i was able to get it open for the season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.