Huge mistake -help!!

As a local Sacramento Pool Contractor this has happened many times believe it or not typically what the city will require is a company to come in and take X-rays of the pool to check the distance between the rebar, where the bonding is and to also put a electrical charge on the bonging system to ensure proper ground.

Oh man this is cool! Tell me more! How do they xray it? How do they test the charge? How much does something like this cost?

Kim:kim:

For my pregunite/electrical/plumbing the inspector pretty much only looked at to make sure 1) the pvc/electrical pipes had enough 2 part cement and 2) that the pipes were deep enough, he actually measured in a few spots and had the guys fix a couple of areas that were like 1-2" not deep enough.

So most likely if it were me I would expose the piping maybe in 3 areas to show it's buried at the right depth. Can't help on the pregunite part.

Update!! I spoke with the inspector this morning that completed my steel inspection last week and he stated pretty much this exact thing. He told me to have my contractor expose the piping in 3-4 areas to check for depth. I told my contractor so that’s exactly what he had his crew do. The inspector told me it was fine for the concrete contractor to set the forms so I called in the plumbing and electrical inspection as well as the pre deck inspection so hopefully they will all be done tomorrow with no issues. Will give an update tomorrow after the inspections.

I PASSED ALL OF THE INSPECTIONS!! The inspector didn’t seem to think it was a big deal at all. He said it was common and I had my contractor do the right thing by exposing the pipes in a couple different areas. Concrete will be poured tomorrow [emoji2]

WHAT?????? OH YEAH! Now run out and throw a 5er down on the Lottery! :party:

Kim:kim:

You dodged a bullet, in the Texas plumbing world if you try to offer a "picked and choose" small areas to expose, the inspector feels you are trying to hide something. It's all or a red tag.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.