How to tell if SWCG needs to be replaced when....

Dec 28, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
I understand that the SWCG stops producing chlorine when water falls below a certain temperature....I think mine is 50 degrees. I recently tested my Chlorine and there was none with a CYA of 20 and salt 3300ppm.....My question is how do I tell if my SWCG is not working when the water is below the temperature for chlorine to be made?

A quick review of the Operating Manual for that SWCG states that chlorine production is Not Allowed under 51F water temperature. I could not find anywhere that it indicates it is in this low temp mode.

I would suggest that once your pool water gets to 60F each winter, you turn off the SWCG and use liquid chlorine to maintain your FC until the water temperature warms to above 60F in early spring.

Reactions: tshepball
A quick review of the Operating Manual for that SWCG states that chlorine production is Not Allowed under 51F water temperature. I could not find anywhere that it indicates it is in this low temp mode.

I would suggest that once your pool water gets to 60F each winter, you turn off the SWCG and use liquid chlorine to maintain your FC until the water temperature warms to above 60F in early spring.

By turn off do you mean set the choline output to 0% or actually disconnect the power supply?

In my automation system I am able to create a schedule that runs the pump without the SWCG getting power. Not sure about yours.

Or just set it at 0%.

Reactions: tshepball
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.