How to STOP calcium lines in grout?

Post pics of your problem areas.

Putting acid on the calcium on your grout can also dissolve your grout if not done very carefully.

Reactions: TidyMyPool
Post pics of your problem areas.

Putting acid on the calcium on your grout can also dissolve your grout if not done very carefully.
a1lDIRE.jpg

3sPLg4c.png

fys4nAo.png

That can also be efflorescence from water getting behind the tile and coming out at the grout lines.

Use a very diluted mixture of acid. Maybe 10:1. Don't clean with acid very often as you will be removing grout over time.

Close, yesterday measured at 280
I think we can cross high calcium off the list as a potential source of the issue. Although you may want to check your overall CSI number to see if it’s out of balance.

This calcium buildup is on the underwater grout lines. I don’t know how you can apply acid in this situation. If it were me, I would try using a narrow steel brush and gently scrubbing. If this works, I realize this would be a manual process and time consuming, but not sure I see a better way to do it that won’t take your grout along with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.