How to sink AGP and build deck in 30 days

I am originally from New Orleans and lived in Jacksonville and Pensacola so I am very familiar with Florida insects and weather lol. All the framing is treated wood rated for ground contact cause we do have termites here. The only other pesky bugs are spiders and I have a bug service for those things. My bug guy stopped by on Friday and sprayed everything in the backyard. Once I am done he will be coming back to spray again to officially start the cycle. Mainly because he could not spray in spots due to all the construction stuff on the back patio lol.

New update for all my adoring fans hahaha. Yesterday got done with laying the decking for the main deck. I named the sections of the deck project to keep it straight in my head. Main deck is the 26' area right off the patio. Deck #1 is the right side and deck #2 is the left when looking at the front of the pool.
The entire underside and sides of each board have been sealed and waterproofed before being installed. From here on out every board will be cut to fit due to the pool being round lol. The jigsaw is going to be getting a workout. The rest of the decking has to be cut a lot like the board in the second picture.

Attachments

• 20190513_061636.jpg
    20190513_061636.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190513_062358.jpg
    20190513_062358.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 98
Deck screws too, nice.
Doug Fir, Cedar or Redwood?
Doug Fir and of course deck screws lol. I may be doing this on a tight budget but skimping on the securing hardware is a BIG no no. I was really looking at the Redwood but the wife didn't want a transparent sealer. I told her I would not put a tinted sealer on redwood boards. To me that is a waste of beautiful wood.
Unfortunately it is going to rain Wednesday and Thursday then again on Saturday and Sunday. So the top will not be stained and sealed till next week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are a beast!!! I bet your body is paying the price for all of that hard work BUT it is DONE!!!! SWEET!!!

Yeah got to love a good jugsaw for those cuts! Well done!!

Kim:kim:
Going to be staining and sealing this morning. Still have to set the ladder but that is pretty easy. It will be 30 days exactly today start to finish. I should change the thread title to how to sink a pool and build a deck in 30 days hahaha.
Yeah my body hurts in places I forgot could hurt lol. I still have to get a big dumpster from the city to clean out my yard of all the leftover building scraps that can't be repurposed.
Wife found plans online for building chase lounge chairs from the large pieces of 2x6's that were leftover lol. I told her to print them out and get to building them cause I am done for a while lol. I will post the final pics after the staining is completed today.

Reactions: Joanie2100
So the project is coming to its finaly. Finished the sealing this morning. I will tell you our weather person cannot predict accurately at all. I put the first coat down and it was not more than 30 minutes and it started to rain a little. Just enough to spot up the last 4 or 5 long runs of the deck. I was so mad! Luckily it passed within 10 minutes and the sun came out right after. I was able to cover up the leopard look with a second coat of sealer.
Here is the finished deck in solid Autum Brown. It is dry enough to walk on but I am gonna give it some more time before I do. Unfortunately, I have to let my dogs out of the house soon or face the consequences hahaha.

Kimkats - I will get the plans or link for the lounge chairs for you.

Attachments

• 20190515_122010.jpg
    20190515_122010.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 78
  • 20190515_122645.jpg
    20190515_122645.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 77
"kimkats, post: 1612311, member: 35806"

Thank you. I really like how the deck does not look new. The wood has a old kinda look to it which is really what I wanted. There are a few imperfections due to boards warping while sitting in the hot sun but nothing that requires replacing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.