How to sink AGP and build deck in 30 days

Well, it has been 4yrs now and the pool is still going strong. Unfortunately, I have to replace the liner this fall. The sides and the bottom are in perfect condition. The top section of the pool liner (dark gray part) that the poles slide in is rotting. It is this Central California heat and sun that did it. The pool gets sun ALL day. But other than that the pool is fine lol. I did change a few things about 1yr into it.

The Intex saltwater system and sand filter were WAY undersized and underpowered. So I went with a 1.5hp self-priming above-ground pump and a 200sqft cartridge filter. I also moved the pumphouse back to the fence 8 feet from the pool. The Intex saltwater system I started with worked for about 1yr. Then the controller went out. After some basic electronic troubleshooting, I found that the salt cells just run on 12v at 3A. So bought an adjustable amp sealed outdoor 12v power supply for like $30 off Amazon. I removed the saltwater cell holder from the Intex controller and mounted it with the cells on the pump house wall. I cut the power cables that run to the salt cells and wired them up to the power supply. I use an IOT outdoor power switch to control the pump and saltwater power supply. The only issue is that the salt cell only lasts for about 2yrs then I have to purchase a new one from Intex.

My Hayward through wall Skimmer works great except for the fact you have to install it lower than you want to due to how the liner is made. This puts it lower than you want on the pool wall. I will look at how I can raise it up on the next liner. I also think the opening is too big for my size pool. I think a smaller opening would work much better.

The stairs have been the only ongoing issue. Since my deck is not raised to meet the top of the pool I had to get creative. The ladder I have works great but would like it to secure it better cause it wants to float up more than I like.

Currently, the plan is to go back with another Intex XTR Liner as long as my poles are still in serviceable shape. If they are not then I might be heading for a semi-buried metal pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.