How to sink AGP and build deck in 30 days

I still have a lot of stuff to buy. The pavers, foam, and the gopher screen. Right now I am waiting on the pool to get here so I can put the frame together to set the pavers lol. The pool will be here in 2 days so today I am going to get the main pump and SWG setup in the pump house and do some more backfilling. I have family coming in from out of town for the next couple of days so my progress my be hindered. Stay tuned to the same pool channel as the journey will continue.

Little landscaping and a bunch more back filling done today. Short day as I have to make sure I have time to pick up the kids from school plus my brother and sister in law are coming today. It has been MANY MANY years since I have seen them.

Attachments

• 20190423_113144.jpg
    20190423_113144.jpg
    945.8 KB · Views: 58
Just a quick update as I have had family in town for the past few days. Pool came in on Wednesday and Thursday I laid out the pavers. I had some high spots in the center area that I am in the process of shaving down now. I anticipate the pool going up this weekend for its 3 day settling period. I want the pool to settle and stretch with the heat before doing any backfilling. More to come.

Reactions: Joanie2100
Got to work on the project more this morning. Got the final leveling done. Soaked the nicely packed ground with grass and weed killer then the 2mil black plastic went down. Took a break to run to Lowe's to pick up my 1.5in foam boards. Now these things were not hard to put down but OMG I felt like I was in an oven! After I got 3 sheets down I could barely see cause of the reflection. Talk about a sun tan...more like burn roast lol. It started getting to hot in the hole so I shut down at 1:30pm. Tomorrow morning the pool goes up and water will be added.

Attachments

• 20190426_092523.jpg
    20190426_092523.jpg
    1,004.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 20190426_132435.jpg
    20190426_132435.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • Wow
Reactions: Joanie2100

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SWEET!! I hear you on the eye burn. My hubby used to weld and even being as careful as can be he still ended up with burned eyes :( He quit and started on a different career path that did not included burned eyes!!

So tell me about the anti-gopher wire.....how deep down does it go? Will you have a back up to try to keep them from even coming into the yard?

Kim:kim:

SWEET!! I hear you on the eye burn. My hubby used to weld and even being as careful as can be he still ended up with burned eyes :( He quit and started on a different career path that did not included burned eyes!!

So tell me about the anti-gopher wire.....how deep down does it go? Will you have a back up to try to keep them from even coming into the yard?

Kim:kim:
The gopher wire goes down 18 inches and is secured to the inside of the retaining wall. It extends 1 foot above the yard grade. When we get to backfilling we will fill until we are about an inch below the normal grade of the yard. At that point we will fold the wire towards the pool...trim it back if needed to maintain a 3 inch space from the pool wall and the wire.

There is NO WAY to stop gophers from coming into the yard so I am making it as difficult as possible for them to get to my pool lol. Gophers do not like being above ground for any length of time so if they burrow and hit the plywood they will either try to eat through it or redirect. Pocket gophers usually go no deeper than 2 feet on thier runs. Now thier burrows can be up to 4 feet in depth. Hence why I dug down 33 inches with a 2 foot retaining wall then used the gopher wire to protect the last few inches and the top to the pool.

Working on a wood surround and pool deck in your swim shorts then jumping in the pool to cool down as needed. Good planning.

You will have to calculate how many posts you will need to secure straight boards around a round pool. Any early drawings on your construction plan yet?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.