How to Run New Spa

May 6, 2017
Central Florida
So we’’ve had new pool and spa for a few weeks now and I assumed the blower wasn’t working because if i turn the jets on and then ran the blower no bubbles were coming out. Tonight I ran the blower and bubbles came out but if I turn the jets on the bubbles would go away. Is there a sweet spot of speed I should run pumps for therapy jets that will work with blower? Any other tips? Appreciate any help. Super newbie pool owner here obviously!

Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 3hp VSP
Silencer Spa Air Supply Blower 6320220F 2.0HP 220V

Usually pumps will need to be run close to full speed for the spa jets to work. How many jets do you have and do you know the jet nozzle orifice size?

Usually pumps will need to be run close to full speed for the spa jets to work. How many jets do you have and do you know the jet nozzle orifice size?

So I have six jets total. Four are standard jets openings about 1/2inch and two jets are the Polystorm about 3/4inch. The blower will run when the pumps on low speed, but once I really crank the speed of the pump the blower/bubbles go away.
91cf9339047ce36638306926e2d228f7.jpg
50b40cc590d0454ba6c551fbeded31a3.jpg

Those are the external fittings. The venturi jet is deep within the spa wall. I am going to assume they are 15 GPM jets which means you need a total of 90 GPM to run all six jets. For the Intelliflo, that is pretty much at full speed.

But can you post a video of the spa running with the pump at full speed?

The bubbles will appear to be bigger with lower flow rates because it is mostly bubbles and little flow rate. This is what the jets should look like:

Apparently the crew that prepped the fittings before interior finish, including installing the internal spa jets didn't install the poly storm jets to manufacture recommendation which caused the water to back up into the blower. We found this out the hard way after cranking the jets up to full speed and we heard a loud bang (thought the pool equipment exploded)! followed by a gushing water sound. Long story short the back pressure blew the blower of the pipe and water gushed out.

Plumber finally made it out after three weeks had to drain the spa, blow torch the two poly storm internal body off and installed correctly.

Joys of having a new pool and going the OB route!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.