NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello I begin my pool built last year. Once the winter came everything shut down, now spring is here and a pool build has continued. I bought 15 bags of salt last year thinking I was going to use it but it sat out all winter and now it’s like bags of rocks that are sitting by the pool. Any suggestions on to add this salt to the pool?
Thanks

Hello I begin my pool built last year. Once the winter came everything shut down, now spring is here and a pool build has continued. I bought 15 bags of salt last year thinking I was going to use it but it sat out all winter and now it’s like bags of rocks that are sitting by the pool. Any suggestions on to add this salt to the pool?
Thanks
Either hammer it, or just dump it in as is. Salt is extremely hygroscopic and will break apart and dissolve rather quickly even in your solid/clumped state. You can speed that up by ramping up flow, brushing the pool bottom, throwing kids in the water to agitate it or using your robot.

Reactions: PoolGate
+1 just be careful you don't damage your liner. I would beat the heck out of it with a rubber mallet before opening the bags.

+1 just be careful you don't damage your liner. I would beat the heck out of it with a rubber mallet before opening the bags.
Thanks guys for the response.
I have yet to add salt as the pool has been under construction. The water is cloudy. Can I hold off on adding the salt for now, getting my water parameters in order then adding salt? I just wanted the water to be clear so I can see the salt at the bottom of the shallow end.
I guess what I’m asking is does salt have any effect on water parameters?

I guess what I’m asking is does salt have any effect on water parameters?
Nope. Salt won't change a thing. Balance the pool first. Just because. Then add the salt and the added bonus is that you'll be able to see every crystal that needs brooming/disoving in TFP clear water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.