How to remove return jet.

carljay

Jul 23, 2022
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
20220725_193314.jpghello, I bought a house about 2 years ago and the pool is probably 15-20 years old.
Does anyone know what kind of return jets these are and the best way to remove them?

C,

I am sure there is the right tool for the right job, I just don't own one... :mrgreen:

I use a large set of needle nose plyers and set them to catch both the top and bottom tabs. Rotating the tabs will cause them, and the ring they are attached to, to un-screw..

Thanks,
'
Jim R.

Thanks Jim!
I did try that but they didn't easily come unscrewed. I was worried about breaking the tabs, so I decided to wait and ask. I guess I'll give it another go with some more force. I'm sure they have never been replaced so could be some build up holding them in place.

They usually come with a tool when you buy the assembly. I always used a flat head though. Needle nose should work.

Attachments

• FBAE42F8-C02D-4475-922D-7EDC82A1EDA3.jpeg
    FBAE42F8-C02D-4475-922D-7EDC82A1EDA3.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.