Tekcor

Aug 4, 2014
Columbia, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Everything in the water is dead. My chlorine levels have been sky high, but the filter just can’t clear the water fast enough. It would takes weeks at this rate. So the pool store sold me Bacquacil liquid floc. It’s been 48 hours and just caused some clumping on the surface.

How do I get it out of the water now? Since it didn’t sink, I can’t vacuum it out. Even if some did sink, I can’t see more than an inch into the water. I can’t run the filter since the floc is in the water. This pretty much just made my problem worse.

This is a 20K gallon inground vinyl chlorine pool with a sand filter.

When was the last time the sand filter was deep cleaned or the sand changed?

Do you have an MPV on the filter?

Post pics of your equipment.

I don't know what an MPV is, but the filter itself (and of course the sand) is about 2-3 years old. It's Hayward stuff. I'm not really looking for help getting the water clear, because the advice is always just "slam it." I just need to figure out what to do about getting the floc out of the water so it doesn't get into the filter.

How about stretching a polyspun hairnet over the skimmer basket and circulating it. Keep an eye on it as it fills. Works fine on pollen.
That's not a bad idea. That seems like it would only help with the bits on the surface. Do I need to worry about it elsewhere? I've not had floc fail before - though I only used it once about 7 years ago - so I'm not really sure what kind of problem I've got myself into. I just know "don't let it into the filter."

I don't know what an MPV is, but the filter itself (and of course the sand) is about 2-3 years old. It's Hayward stuff. I'm not really looking for help getting the water clear, because the advice is always just "slam it." I just need to figure out what to do about getting the floc out of the water so it doesn't get into the filter.

Your signature says your filter is 30yo.

I am trying to understand what tools you have to use to solve your problem.

Your signature says your filter is 30yo.

I am trying to understand what tools you have to use to solve your problem.
My apologies, the signature is/was out of date. I've updated it with recent hardware changes.

You said it didn't sink...so I assume most of it is floating. You can vacuu to waste the tint bit left wehn you can.
Unfortunately, I don't know what I don't know. There's clumps floating in the water. I don't know if that's all of it, if the floc is still in the water, if there is stuff settled on the bottom, and so on. What I know is I put the floc in the water, the clarity didn't improve after 48 hours, and now I'm worried about using my equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.